With the emerging platforms for content creation, Instagram took a leap and launched a feature that left the audience awestruck. Instagram Reels is an influential feature used by creators, businesses, and the general public that serves as a vital tool in generating engaging content via video clips.
To build an online presence and reach a broader audience, it is necessary to understand how to make a reel on Instagram. In this blog, we will dive deeper into the world of creating reels on Instagram that will leverage the content creation journey.
What are Instagram reels?
Instagram reels are short-form content that enables creators and businesses to create 15-second multi-clip videos to reach a mass audience. However, Instagram reel length can range from 15 to 90 seconds. This duration ideally aligns with the attention span of the audience.
With a vertical display, Instagram reel dimensions remain 1080 X 1920 pixels alongside an aspect ratio of 9:16.The captivating format of Reels has been a game changer in content creation.
How to make a Reel on Instagram?
Making reels on Instagram becomes effortless after understanding the basics of creating Instagram reels. Having a hold of the feature’s attributes is required. Following these steps will help to grasp how to create reels on Instagram.
1. Strategize your content
Before engaging in content creation, figuring out the content niche is vital in understanding the growth dynamics. One must set clear goals, content niche, and target audience to benefit from the categorization on Instagram’s Explore page.
Insights regarding the hook of the target audience and the probability of impression to reach help in strategizing the content.
One should plan the visuals that will ensure creativity and mass engagement. However, the intense competition to build online visibility requires an instant engagement that can be arranged through free Instagram reel views and free Instagram likes from BuyAutoLikes.io.
2. Creating Instagram reel
With all the strategies and visual ideas, it’s time to shoot the reel. The question of how to make a reel on Instagram has an easy answer. One must have an idea of how one can create a reel.
a. From the Instagram reel icon
On the lower right corner of the toolbar, you can find the Reels tab near the profile icon. Tap on the reels tab > Camera symbol > Get started(create your reel).
b. From Instagram stories Camera
Open the Instagram home screen and swipe left. It will navigate you to the Instagram story camera where you will find the “Reel” in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
c. From Instagram Homescreen
A quick way to create an Instagram reel is through the Instagram home screen. Tap on the “+” symbol located at the bottom of the screen. Select Reel at the bottom right bar.
d. From Instagram profile
An advanced way of creating reels on Instagram is through the Instagram profile. Direct yourself through the Instagram homepage towards your profile. Tap on the “+” symbol located in the upper right corner of your profile. A drop-down menu appears with a list of options to create. Choose a reel.
3. Edits and effects
Creating a basic video clip doesn’t work anymore. The audience demands creativity and more lively content that provides them with exceptional entertainment.
Instagram provides certain tools to bring innovation in reels that distinguish them from basic video clips and help in reaching a broad audience. One may perform these edits :
- Text: Adding text can help in providing informative content alongside boosting the visuals of the reel.
- Audio: You might be wondering ‘how to add music’ to your reel. Head to Instagram music library> Select music or sound> Tap and apply. One can also upload a reel with self-generated audio. The majority of reels become trending based on the choice of sound.
- Voiceover: Record an audio that will play along with your video and no lipsync is required during the clip. This will help in engaging more attention.
- Visual Effects: A creative reel includes numerous transitions and effects that improve the visuals and make the reel captivating.
- Stickers: Catchy stickers on the reel boost the engagement. Uploading your reel on the story and hiding it with a sticker encourages the audience and creates mass impressions.
- Layout: Instagram has advanced the feature allowing a dual-camera option and segregation of screen into multiple grids. One can even choose from the available Instagram reel template to make the process easier.
Easy to use Apps for Creating Instagram Reels
Various third-party apps can enhance your reel through their creative features. You can edit through the following apps:
- Canva: Adding transitions to the text, designing posters, creating a captivating thumbnail, and adding transitional effects can be done through Canva. The application consists of templates that are predesigned as per Instagram reel dimensions to ease the creation process.
- CapCut: one can edit the videos and add various graphics all in one place over capcut. It easily aligns the video clips and smoothly adds transitions.
- Adobe Express: Create professional clips and videos by using features like text-based editing on Adobe Express without any cost.
4. Share Instagram reel
Once the reel creation is completed, it is time to focus on impressions and engagement. To avoid any uncertainty, Preview the reel and share it to reach your audience.
One can share the reel :
- By clicking on Next at the bottom > tap on save draft to save the reel/tap on share
- For saved drafts >Scheduling the reel > Advanced setting > click schedule.
Understanding the best time to post a reel on Instagram can benefit from having high engagement.
Sharing reels on Instagram is done with the motive of boosting Instagram profiles and engagement on content. The audience engages more with the content that has high views and likes and for that, you can Buy Instagram reel views to initially increase the impressions and engagement on your reel.
One might be amazed by the fact that buying Instagram reel views or likes does not negatively impact your reel. Moreover, It extends the reel’s reach according to the notion that the “more the reel plays, the more the engagement”.
Best ways to Boost your Reels
1. Creating a hook
With the diverse audience present on Instagram, it is necessary to create an initial hook for your niche. Work on catchy visuals and graphics. The intro taglines grab the attention of the audience.
Generating a compelling storyline that arouses curiosity among the people will also benefit the creator in hooking them till the end of the reel.
2. Value creation
Providing purposeful content that adds value to the audience is a significant way of gaining reach on Instagram. The audience finds a connection with the creators and is encouraged to follow them.
One can leverage Instagram reels by educating and inspiring the audience. Informative content that is engaging at the same time is the key to creating an influence on Instagram.
3. Follow trends
Hop on the trends through transitions and filters. Various audios are found trending on Instagram every other day or week.
Brainstorm the ideas to keep up with the trends and don’t miss the chance to gain an extensive following and reach on Instagram.
4. Make short-duration reels
The majority of the audience on Instagram are millennials and Gen Z. As analyzed, their attention span has fallen and ranges between 3-10 seconds.
Creating a 90-second reel can be a hindrance to your reach on Instagram. Making reels with short duration can therefore improve your chances of trending on Instagram with high engagement.
5. Create a catchy thumbnail
A thumbnail can be understood as the cover page of an Instagram reel. Invest in quality and create your dream thumbnail for every reel you make.
Thumbnails must generate curiosity and should visually appeal to the audience. Instagram reel dimensions must be kept in mind to create an appropriate thumbnail for your reel.
Instagram reels have transitioned the world of marketing and content creation. It served in discovering strategies to create exclusive reels that hook the audience. However, the process of creating reels on Instagram can be quite complex for beginners.
Understanding how to make a reel on Instagram and leverage it will help in building a solid online presence and gaining impressions. The quality content provided through reels adds value to the audience’s experience thereby increasing their engagement.
Creating reels on Instagram is a creative task done with the motive of acquiring maximum views for content engagement therefore it is necessary to know How To Get More Instagram Reel Views. Boosting Instagram reels can take your content creation journey to the top and our detailed guide will help you discover various ways to increase reel views and reach a broader audience.
1. How many views do you need on reels to get paid?
A minimum of 1000 views in the last 30 days are required to become eligible for the Reels Pay bonus on Instagram. Go to the bonuses page >click on Reels Pay Bonus >Select reel.
2. How to save reel-to-camera roll?
Open the reel you want to save > tap on three dots at the lower bottom of the reel > tap “save to camera roll”.
3. Can You Post Reels from the Desktop?
Reels can be posted from the desktop, but the web does not support various features of the Instagram app like customizing reels with stickers or picking audio from Instagram’s soundtrack library.
4. Who Can See My Instagram Reel?
In private accounts, your reel is only visible to your followers while anybody can view and share if your account is public.
5. Can I Create a Draft of My Reel and Save it for Later?
Yes, Instagram displays the “save draft” button once you’ve finished creating your reel. Click and save, and share your reel whenever you want.
6. How to make money with Instagram Reels as a creator?
You need 10k followers with 600k minute viewership in the last 60 days, one can become eligible to monetize their content through ads.
A high view count is required to gain followers. One can count on buying views online through providers like buyautolikes.io for instant reach.
7. Can I schedule my reels for any particular date and time of my choosing?
You can schedule your reels upto the next 75 days. Upon the reel completion, tap on advanced settings > choose a particular date >choose a particular time> done > tap schedule to schedule your reel.
Tina caps is the author of BuyAutoLikes, a social media marketing agency that helps brands and influencers grow their followings organically.